Pages

Monday, November 17, 2008

AEDM and the Wizard

We got about 1/2" of snow yesterday - it's pretty, but I am really not ready for it yet. I am used to seeing snow this time of year, but it is seldom in evidence the next morning. I'm pretty sure I can no longer put off getting out my winter jacket and hat and gloves.

I am ready to get back to the elephant ATCs I was working on, but in my complete overhaul of my art room, somehow I have misplaced them. I really wanted to try using the Wizard for image transfers, so I took advantage of this setback to try it.



The one in the upper right is a scrapbook paper with a silvery stamp of an elephant and then an image transfer of the youngster. The one at the bottom is a textured painted background with a bit of cheesecloth adhered near the top and an image transfer of a young elephant. The vertical one is another scrapbook paper as background with an image transfer of a young elephant in water spouting through his trunk. He almost looks like he is laughing. These are not finished yet, but I am quite pleased with the transfers using the Wizard.


This is an embossed and painted piece of cardboard with an image transfer of some people behind a fence. I really liked this picture the first time I saw it. I haven't decided where I am going with this one (it is not for the elephant swap &-) obviously), but I am thrilled with how the transfer turned out.

This morning I am going to the post office to send off the previous two swaps and then driving to Holly Lobby with my 40% coupon to see if I can find some Cuttlebug embossing folders and a water brush and who knows what else. I can't wait to just wander around and see what I can see.

Right now I am going to take my coffee out in the living room and sit with my Tweetie Peetie and her little sister and chill. As for you, don't forget to live in the moment.

4 comments:

  1. I love the carboard transfer picture - the texture is wonderful (even if it isn't an elephant) - how did you do that? (oh, I came over from AEM!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the comment! see, I am STILL on the computer!! hard to get off here once I get on-scream queens is a reality show my son and I like to watch (and it's hard to get him to watch anything with me anymore, so I treasure those times!) it's a bunch of actresses competing for a part in a horror movie (saw 6 i believe)it's on vh1
    ok, I have 10 minutes to get back to my book-take care and I am going to pop over and look at your cardboard transfer pic!~

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the pics! I tried image transfers once or twice but it didn't do too well-great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Wizard is worth its weight in gold - I think you are giving it a real work out, LOL. Can't wait to see what else you are going to do with it (me - green colour).

    ReplyDelete