Pages

Sunday, November 23, 2008

AEDM and More CDs

It is much too cold here already. We seemed to go from unseasonably warm weather (70s in October - wonderful!), to unseasonably cold weather and snow in mid-November. It feels like January or February. There is really no point in complaining - it is what it is.

I have been reading many nice comments some with good suggestions when I am unsure of how to move on in my altered CD project. Leah suggested using some ink to bring out the sun in one of them, which led me to pull out my Permapaque markers (no they are not ink, but still her idea led me to that) and I really like the result. I think this one is done.



I was really stuck as to what direction I wanted to go on the third one. So I randomly reached out for a product and my hand landed on some stucco I purchased on sale at JoAnn's a couple of weeks ago. Just so you know, it is not unusual for me to make a decision randomly. About 30 years ago, I was living in the UP and my life was not as it should be, so I spun the globe and reached out. My finger landed in Arizona - so I moved to Phoenix. But I digress.......

I am not sure I like where this is going, but I am going to add some color over the stucco and maybe add some fiber----I don't really know. I am so pleased with how Leah's suggestion turned out, I would welcome any thoughts or comments on this one, too.



That's it for now, until the next time don't forget to live in the moment.

6 comments:

  1. It really is cold, but the sun is shining today, and that feels good - inside!

    I forgot to come tell you that I answered your tag and posted 8 random things/habits about myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the first cd painting and think this one holds lots of promise...if it were me, I would go with adding more texture with some tissue paper and acrylic medium, then color(my personal favorite:)...see where that puts it...I can't wait to revisit and see the next installment!

    blessings....

    ReplyDelete
  3. the sun looks fabulous!! i'm glad it worked out with the ink!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I vote for staying loose and random. That seems to being about the greatest surprises. And if it goes to the wrong place, you can always turn around and do over. Lot's easier than undoing a move to Phoenix, for instance (grin)(though I hope you've had no regrets about that move).

    ReplyDelete
  5. The sun has turned out great. I love that you are so random! (not the word I was looking for, LOL, but that will do) - oh I know - spontaneous :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE that you show trust in the Universe by choosing randomly when you feel the need. I hope the move to Phoenix turned out to be a positive experience for you.

    Your CD art is looking very impressive!

    Btw, you asked about what pens I use for my sketching/drawing so I thought I'd answer here in case you don't get back to checking out my comments. I work with the ZIG memory system pens in .005, .01, .03 and .05 sizes depending on what emphasis of line I want to put down. I also use the Pigma Micron pens in the same size range. I have had no problems with these pens smudging even when I use a watercolour wash over the top. :)

    love, light and peace,
    serena

    ReplyDelete