Pages

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

AEDM and Elephants

My friend wasn't able to go shopping with me yesterday, but I felt the need to get out of the house, so after posting my swaps I went to Hobby Lobby by myself. What fun! I was able to find some of the Cuttlebug embossing folders for $4.99 each and got 40% a Spellbinder die set. I also found a deckle-edged watercolor journal at 30% off, a water brush, and a stamp set of Encouraging Words for 50% off.

The three embossing folders were paisley, flowers, and music. I think the music one will look much better on larger paper.

Once I returned home I finished the elephant swap. A couple of them I had to start from scratch because after rearranging my work room, I couldn't find the two that were in progress. I am sure they will turn up sometime, but I needed to get these in the mail, so had to begin again. I took advantage of this little setback to do some image transfers using the Wizard. I have never been as pleased with transfers as I am with this amazing machine. Each of the elephant ATCs has an image transfer on it.



I also tried an image transfer on an embossed cardboard card that I had using a picture that I really liked. It turned out great. I don't know how this card is going to be finished, but so far I really like it.



Today I am going to stop at the post office to send off the elephants and go shopping with a non-artist friend. It is my turn to drive and her turn to buy lunch. I am going to stop in a couple of second hand shops and who knows - I just might find some arty stuff.

Bye for now, and don't forget to live in the moment.

6 comments:

  1. Now you've made me want to go art supply shopping, although I probably won't be able to find any deals as good as those!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you having fun with your Wizard or what!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love paper crafts, and shopping at Hobby Lobby - I just get lost in joy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. too funny, ive got elephants in my art today too. i love the cards you made!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH, I love your ATCs! I'm new to mixed media stuff and haven't even tried an image transfer yet....I'm impressed!

    Thanks for dropping by my blog today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vicki ~ your elephant ATCs are wonderful, great transfers. I Love elephants and just finished an elephant altered book spread, more on that next week. Thrift shopping is always such an adventure, you never know what will find you. :)

    ReplyDelete