Pages

Friday, November 14, 2008

AEDM and ATCs

Yesterday the hubster and I drove into town and did some errands before DD had to go to work. We stopped at a farm store for rabbit food and birdseed. Then we went to Meijer's for fresh fruit. Our last stop was Sam's for odds and ends. At Sam's the frozen salmon fillets have gotten so pricey, we have stopped buying them. I am missing fish, so I bought some flounder fillets. I am not sure how I am going to prepare them, but this gives me a chance to try some new recipes as well as getting fish back into my diet.



DD worked from early afternoon until 10 pm, so art time was severely limited. I did, however, get a chance while the baby napped to do step 2 on my in progress ATCs. I am pretty happy with them so far, except the model face that I gessoed over. I don't think I have enough on her face. I want her features to show just enough for me to redraw them to my liking. The gesso is uneven and doesn't cover the face as I would like. I will add another layer today.

My work day today ends around 4:30, so I hope to get some of these done so that I can run to the post office in the morning before DD has to go to work. I have promised some art time to the 5 year old today. She doesn't have school today and I purchased some little gingerbread men and gingerbread houses in plain wood that I think we will paint today. Maybe during that time I can work on my ATCs, but there is a good chance I won't get to them until this evening.

4 comments:

  1. I love them, especially loving that you used what looks to be some sheet music!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a creating machine! ;-) ~Sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are looking good. I love the way you are managing to get your art fitted in around your grandkids. You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete