Pages

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

AEDM and Giraffes

I found a swap through ATCs for All for giraffes and as they are one of my favorite animals, I decided to go for it. I made two and used both the hubster and the daughter as sounding boards. They both chose the same one, so that is the one I will be trading.




The one on the right is a very textured background that I made long ago on 11 x 14 artist board and then cut into ATC sized pieces. The image transfer didn't work real well. The one on the left is painted, weathered and then stamped with a foam stamp. The other giraffe in the lower corner is hand drawn on watercolor paper and then cut out and colored with pencils.

On another note, a friend and I went into Jackson yesterday and I actually found some Sizzix dies and some Cuttlebug embossing folders ON SALE at JoAnn's. We also went to a second hand store, where I scored on books - found a novel written in German, several sheet music books, a travel scrabble set with wood letter squares that are quite a bit smaller than the regular size ones and some stencil books.

All in all a very productive shopping excursion.

The hubster and I are babysitting the little girls for the next 5 days, so my art time will have to be stolen in small chunks. That's it for now.

Have a great day, and don't forget to live in the moment.

1 comment:

  1. There is something wonderfully magical about giraffes. Both are great but I especially like the one on the left.

    PS - you've been randomnly tagged... visit my site for the details.

    http://caliopeseye.blogspot.com/2008/11/ive-been-tagged.html

    ReplyDelete